Thursday, June 19, 2014

Open Letter to Eugene de Kock

Dear Eugene

I don’t know for sure how long it has been that I have been yelling for you from your corner.  I have not even met you, but I have done an enormous amount of research and reading about the events and circumstances that put you in prison.   I have also heard many good stories about you from people who have met you, who have worked with you, and who know you.  There are also many comments that have been written by members of our group which show me the kind of man you are.  You certainly are a dignified man who has integrity and I envy those who have had the honour of meeting you in person.  
There are also a lot of stories that I have been told in private about the conditions and the situations that surrounded the events that led up to your imprisonment.  These stories will remain a secret in my heart until the day I die.   It is from all of these sources that I have got to know the kind of person you are.  It is from these sources that I keep motivated and determined to see that you get, not only a parole, but a Presidential Pardon.  A Presidential Pardon is the only fitting thing that should happen for you.
Eugene, do you know that you have given me many, many hours of reflection and many times, the sole reason why I force myself out of bed to get to my computer is you.  You have often given me the reason to keep fighting my own battle.  I want to see you free, even if it is only on television.  You see, Eugene,  my bucket list is not very long anymore, as I have done them all, but your name is still there and under your name is the attendance at the MFP (Moerse fokken party) when you get out of that prison.
I often feel discouraged, disappointed and impatient that your release is being hampered by red tape and reasons that seem to be political.  And when I feel like that, I can only imagine how you must feel…a thousand times worse.  That is when I pull myself together and begin to fight again and that fight gives me life and another reason to live.
I write this letter to you so that you know how much I care.  There are also hundreds of other people, of all skin colours, all creeds and all cultures that also want to see you released, so we can finally put the lid on the old South Africa.  It is my opinion that the only right thing that our government and our President can do, is to release you.
I also am in a kind of prison – I am trapped in the prison of a sick body and that stops me from having the freedom of choice to do what I want.  However, my spirit and my mind are not in prison and therefore I also soar free in my soul, heart, mind and spirit.   All I can offer you in way of comfort; is that no one, not one person, can take away the freedom of your mind and your spirit.
Be comforted by the fact that you are not forgotten.  You never will be, as long as there are the few stalwarts on our group who will champion your cause until their dying breath.   You are also in our prayers constantly.
May God surround you in His love.  May He give your heart contentment, your mind hope and your spirit freedom.

Have courage, my friend.  With love, Dianne 

1 comments:

Chanzie said...

What a beautiful letter Dianne. Now I want to know his story too.

I am so looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Love & Light

Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.