Monday, July 7, 2014

Life is too short for me to put this off for another day!!

Copyright photograph by Dianne Lang 

There are a few (actually not so few) words of wisdom that have carried me in times of emotional, mental and spiritual traumas and I want to share them here.  Here they will be immortalised for my grandchildren to one day find when they google their grandmother’s name.
Life is too short for me to put this off for another day.
I have used these sayings to help me through life, and particularly, during the last few years.   I have used them as affirmations, as prayers and as statements to help me lift my eyes away from worry and towards spiritual and emotional peace.  

v  Time is like a river- you cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
v  If someone does something nasty to you, write it in the sand so the winds of forgiveness can blow it away.  When someone does something good for you, chisel it in stone so that the winds of time cannot erase it.
v  Never under-estimate the arrogance of the powerful.
v  Once you are deeply wounded, you are easily hurt again.
v  You can’t hurt anyone without hurting yourself, and you can’t help anyone without helping yourself.
v  Ruin can be the road to transformation.
v  I am the Captain of my soul and the master of my fate.
v  The taller the tree, the harder the wind blows.
v  If you want a place in the sun, leave the shade.
v  There is more to life than increasing the speed.
v  The sun will set without my assistance.
v  The only worthwhile goal in life is transformation towards God.  Nothing but completion of that journey will do.
v  You cannot learn humility by being humiliated.  You learn humility by being with people who are humble.
v  When we experience humiliation, when our ego is crushed and when we can thank that person who humiliated us for the experience, then we can share, especially when sharing is the last thing we want to do.  It is then that we are stepping into immortality.
v  I am making a commitment to my own spiritual and mental growth, and to my own happiness.
v  There is no spiritual growth without compassion.
v  If you do what you always did, you will always get what you always got.
v  What we think about, talk about and obsess about…happens.
v  No good deed goes unpunished.
v  The secret of success is enthusiasm.
v  A baboon cannot see its own backside.
v  You can expect nothing from a pig, but a grunt.
v  If you mix with dogs, you will pick up fleas.
v  If elephants fight, the grass gets hurt.
v  Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
v  You can’t teach a crab to walk straight.
v  Father, thank you for your wisdom and love, helping me to see, understand and assess all my alternative options.   Please guide me in the best direction for my health, happiness and life’s purpose.
v  I don’t need to compromise my honesty, authenticity or integrity.  My needs will be met in gentle and loving ways.
v  This situation is already resolved.  I can relax in the certainty that all is well.  I exchange all worries and cares to the Father in exchange for true peace in my life.
v  Beloved subconscious mind, I humbly ask that you take this prayer directly to God with all the vital desire necessary to manifest and demonstrate this prayer.
v  Father, let the rain of blessings fall upon us all. 

0 comments: