Tuesday, July 8, 2014

THIS MOMENT

Copyright photo by Dianne Lang
I may never see tomorrow
There’s no written guarantee
And things that happened
Yesterday belong to history
I cannot predict the future, I cannot
Change the past
I have just the present moment
I must treat it as my last
I must use this moment wisely
For it soon will pass away and
Be lost to me forever as part of yesterday.
      

I must exercise compassion
Help the fallen to their feet
Be a friend unto the friendless
Make an empty life complete
The unkind things I do today may
Never be undone and friendship
That I fail to win may nevermore be won
I may not have another chance on
Bended knees to pray and thank
God with a humble heart for giving me
This day!

These are not my words – I have been going through one of my old journals, and found that I had copied it out without putting the author’s name to it.  It is still a powerful message.


0 comments: