Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Last Paragraph of Chapter 10: Anchor For My Soul

Anchor for my Soul

This rare and  little known disease caused me to lose my family, my friends, my children’s home, my self-worth, my self-confidence, my passion, my money, my trust in people, and my need to save the world.  

But it gave me self-knowledge, resilience, peace within myself, a greater capacity to love and to forgive, determination, persistence and motivation to be the best person I can be and finally, it taught me to choose only those fights that I have a chance of winning.   


Nothing is the same…It is as though I was shook up and put together in a thousand different ways.  

I did learn one thing that is very important.  You don’t learn humility by being humiliated – you learn humility by being with people who are humble. 

0 comments: