Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Live like a Lion ...

Just because I have been trained to do one thing does not mean that I have to continually do that thing for a living. If what I do no longer brings me happiness and joy, or there is no challenge left, or I find that my career has lost its uniqueness
and heart, I can change what I have always done. Jesus was trained to be a carpenter but he became a teacher. 
If my path has lost heart, I find another one.

If I were travelling from London to Bombay and found that I had lost my way, would I still continue along the same road? No! I would stop, find my bearings, read my map and turn around. This is exactly what I should do. If I have lost my way, if I am not busy with my sacred task, not using my talents, then I must stop and turn around. Perhaps the path that I have been on was merely preparation for my real task. I have to go to kindergarten before I can go on to high school. What I have been busy doing was only preparation for what I now have to do. I change direction. I find a new path. I find a path with passion.

The new path I have found is that of writing, of speaking out against the injustice of keeping Eugene de Kock in prison, and of teaching others the healing modalities that I have been practicing for years. I do believe that one cannot help another, unless you have been down a similar path, been in the same boat or walked a little in their shoes. I have been at the rough end of injustice, my voice has been silenced and I live with a life-threatening illness. The old path was one of shutting up, of making sure I did not ruffle anyone’s feathers, of pouring oil on troubled waters, of endless giving to others and putting myself at the bottom of the list. No more … the way I lived my life contributed to this illness and if I contributed to it, I must be able to reverse it by changing my behaviour. My new motto is:

Illegitimi non carborundum


Wherever my consciousness rests, wherever my thoughts are, there lies the infinite possibility of success and abundance. I pursue my dream with all my might. I choose my dream over and over again. Every time I am given a choice, I choose the one in the direction of my dream. When I choose in the direction of my dream, I will of necessity let all other choices go and my old path will be lost. If I do not choose, I will get nothing. I will stay where I am. And, if I do not choose in the direction of my dream, I risk losing the opportunity and chance of doing what I was born to do.

I find the courage to live each day as though it were my last and as though nothing were impossible. An old Chinese proverb says that it is better to live each day as a lion rather than a whole life as a sheep. Is quality not better than quantity? Is it better to stay indoors my whole life in case I get sunburned? Is it not better to live a life of excitement rather than a life of boredom?

I hope I have the courage to live like a lion every day of my life. I want to live a life of excitement and enthusiasm. I now live in the moment and am aware of the unlimited possibilities for my life. I have stopped living like a sheep that needs to be tended by the herdsmen. I have stopped waiting for the golden egg to land in my lap. I stopped waiting for someone else to give me what I want and desire. I have the courage of the lion and go where I want, do what I want, be what I want and have what I want.

0 comments: