Monday, October 13, 2014

We live, we suffer, we die!


The more I think, the more I read, the more I reflect…the more I realize how very little I know and even that bit that I know is possibly based on incorrect deductive reasoning. Descartes said, “I think, therefore I am”. If thinking makes me a living being, then I am a very ignorant being. I cannot get a grip of the enormous amount of conflicting information there is in the world, let alone get to understand the enormity of the universe or the depth of infinity. My mind is ill-equipped to understand these things. 

What is this thing I call life? What is the reason for being? Why am I born, why do I live and why do I die? What is the purpose of it all? If I experience myself, I am conscious of myself. Since I did not make myself, someone or something more intelligent than I am must have created this body that I experience as mine. Because I experience emotions, someone with emotional experience must have created them in me. If there is love, wisdom and joy, there must be a force that had to have had these qualities in order to produce it in me. There must be an intelligent power behind the creation of our earth and skies, behind the tides, the stars and moon, behind our mountains, rivers and seas. There has to, of necessity, be an original cause of all things and of necessity, be a reason behind it all. I acknowledge the intelligence behind this incredibly beautiful creation of life. Since intelligence would not create anything without a purpose, there has to be a purpose behind this creation. What is that purpose? What is the purpose behind the creation of me?

Why am I not satisfied to just accept what is and live and breathe and eventually die? Why is it that I quest after things mystical and spiritual? Is it because the force behind creation is invisible that I search for the deeper knowledge of the invisible things of the world?

Because my mind is progressive, I have an inherent desire in my consciousness to inquire into the origin of things, into the mystery of life and the purpose of my existence. In the unlearned mind, mysticism is associated with modern mysteries and magic. There is no magic in mysticism. The mystery of my enquiry into life is unanswered and unsolved.

Mysticism represents the highest expression of my truth. The study of mysticism is the study of my truth in its pure and uncontaminated form. It is not a religion but explains the most profound of the religious mysteries. It accepts my truth through analytical observation and cosmic revelation. Mysticism is the essence of my superior thoughts, brings me closer to the natural laws of the universe and removes my fear for the unknown.

Spirituality is my expression of mysticism. The development of my spirituality is the development of my comprehension, understanding and influence over my self and my relationship to the universe. Spirituality gives me greater peace for my mind and soul. It enables me to anticipate the results of my actions and prepares me for it. It accelerates my perceptive faculties and awakens and develops my intuition. Spirituality is a way of life, a way that leads to peace of mind, happiness, health and abundance.

Since the beginning of time, we have acknowledged the powerful, invisible forces that direct and control the universe. Something, or someone, of supreme intelligence must be behind the creation of this universe and it's perfection.  
The forming of the smallest flower in all its perfection, from seed to bloom is a miracle that I cannot emulate. The phenomenon of how the earth rotates around the sun to give us night and day is astronomical in the understanding, let alone in the management thereof. We all know that the moon affects the tides, but I cannot begin to comprehend the intelligence behind the invention of it. The understanding of the human body is so immense that people specialize in only one small part of it, and even then, no man understands everything about that one small part that took him years and years to study. And when I look beyond the world that I live in, there are the stars and planets and galaxies. I cannot even comprehend how much one billion is, let alone comprehend the trillions of stars in the heavens. 


The miracle of life is beyond my understanding when I stand back from my own individual life and look at the workings of the entire cosmos. What amazes me is how the fabric of all this still hangs together!

0 comments: