Monday, April 20, 2015

Listen to Your Intuition - It will never let you down


How often do we hear a small voice, or have a gut feeling or have intuition to do or not to do something and we ignore it? How often do we regret not listening to our intuition and saying, “If only I had…”. 


Learning to walk in spirit takes a lot of hard work and courage. Not only do we need to remember that we walk with physical feet, but we are also spiritual beings. 

Another one of my many changes that I am going through is to be true to myself and to listen to my intuition, despite any other person’s opinion or advice. We get so side-tracked and so involved in the physical aspects of life that these other-worldly senses are no longer heard, seen or felt. If we could learn to stay in the moment…be quiet…allow the heart and soul to communicate…to slow down and be still…I know that we would make the right decisions. So often we make decisions that are disastrous, especially if we don’t stop and listen to our gut feelings. It is an interesting fact that when we get that gut feeling, the body actually secretes a specific hormone/chemical in the stomach. Let me put that the other way. When the stomach secretes that chemical in the stomach, then we get the gut feeling. But even more interesting, the pituitary gland, which was first thought to be the seat of the soul, starts the chemical process which results in your gut-feeling. I always say that men get a gut-feeling and women have intuition. 

The above is just a bit of background to the reason I did not go to have another medical procedure done today. Last night I spent time in prayer, asking if I was doing the right thing by going today and this morning I woke up with a strange feeling…I just don’t feel like going. No reason other than this intuition. 

So I have to un-do my arrangements for lifts and others phone me to wish me luck and I have to tell them I am not going today. “Why not?” everyone asks me and I tell them that I am listening to my intuition. I can just see the amazement and puzzlement on their faces and am sure that they are thinking I am crazy. Which leads me to think that I would be very happy if everyone thought I was crazy.    That would mean that I can do anything I want and no one will say a word. They will just shrug their shoulders and say, “Well, she’s crazy, after all”. 

As my children were growing up and became teenagers, I got up to all kinds of things such as sit-down demonstrations, petitions and such like things … I was always on some mission to save something or other. When they got asked about me they would always say, “That’s my mom”. It was kind of nice. But the very best compliment I ever got was from my son. He told me that I had bigger balls than any man he knew. I will always remember that. 

I don’t know when or even if I am going to go for this procedure. I have postponed it until it feels right. It may never happen, but I am not going to waste any more time or energy thinking about it. I am rather going to thank my intuition for showing me the right way. Who knows why I feel the way I do? It does not really matter what the reason is … it could be that the person giving me a lift has an accident, or it happens to us both, or the doctor is nasty to me, or I react adversely to the procedure. I just know that today is not the day and I am happy. If I was asked who I am right now, I would start by saying “I am happy”. 

Listening to my intuition is going to be part of my authentic self.

0 comments: