Friday, June 24, 2016

Giving The Lord's Prayer Personal Meaning

When we can't pray, Jesus gave us some words to use.  They are but a mantra that people utter with no insight or concentration.  The only time the Lord’s Prayer feels like I am connecting to a higher power is when it is sung.  This morning I wrote one that has meaning for me.  Maybe it will help you.  Here it is:  

Father, who is love within and around me
You are holy beyond my understanding
Let Your kingdom of love and goodness be carried out by me
Here on earth as it is done in Your spiritual home that awaits us
Be the fulfillment of my every need and brighten my understanding
Thank You for the blessing of being free because You showed me how to forgive and to continue doing it
Teach me to know that You are always with me and lead me away from all negative thinking
Keep me from feeling separated from You and other people; keep me connected and compassionate.

For Your kingdom is within me, Your power and glory fill me, for ever and ever, Amen. 

0 comments: