Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Eugene de Kock : Part 8

Stone Sizane and me in my bedroom 
In-between the calls I was getting from JK asking how much money we had, I also got a call from him telling me to close the group.  I told him “not a fucking chance, unless I hear it out the mouth of Eugene de Kock myself”.   On the 2 Feb 2015, I received a Statement of Account from Julian Knight and Associates Inc; titled : EUGENE DE KCOK. MINISTER OF CORRECTIONAL SERVICES & OTHER CASE ( & OTHER CASE was Clive Derby-Lewis) NO:9572/13I.   The account was for an amount of R614 434.69.  However, we had raised R20 000.00 which was given to JK by Miempie and General van der Merwe coughed up R30 000.00 leaving a total amount outstanding at R564 434.69.  JK charged EdK R1500.00 per hour consultation. For example: Consultation at Pretoria Central on signature of Affidavit 11h00 – 12h00 was R1750.00.  This was a complete shock to me because I was led to believe that JK was taking on the case of Eugene and he would do it pro deo (for nothing) because of the high profile nature of the case, he would be promoting his own business due to the media it would attract.   The statement could only have been drawn up after I asked for a copy so that I could discuss the matter with those who were holding the money.   The entire statement seems to me to have been put together for my benefit and to get money out of the group.   There was never any agreement that money would be paid.  The statement is addressed to Eugene de Kock (as though EdK had any money left by that stage).
JK obviously asked his secretary to email the documents to me and unbeknown to anyone, the secretary sent me a document that I should never have seen.   JK was representing Clive Derby-Lewis and Eugene de Kock at the same time and the costs for Derby-Lewis were muddled up with that of EdK in JK’s books.   I do not have to say much on that issue.  You can work it out for yourselves – but how could he have been working for both of them at the same time?  Where were his priorities?  And why were we to foot the bill for Clive Derby-Lewis?
Then I got a letter that I should not have got either:  It was a letter written by Julian Knight to TM dated 2 Feb 2015 (the man who lied that he had been visiting EdK since he was incarcerated).  TM led the media to believe that he was footing the bills and he was doing all the visits from the time EdK went into prison.  This is a blatant lie.  And why was the letter addressed to JK? The letter reads:
Dear Sir
EUGENE DE KOCK/MINISTER OF CORRECTIONAL SERVICES & OTHER: CASE NO. 58500/14
We refer to the above matter and enclose herewith our amended Statement of Account which reflects R30 000.00 received from client (what fucking client?) as well as the R20 000,00 donation that was received from General Van Der (sic) Merwe.  
These accounts must be factored into the writer’s statement of Account.  We confirm your advices that the amount of money raised on behalf of Mr De Kock will no way near cover the entirety of the Bill.  (No Ja – he knew so much)
It is the writer’s suggestion that once we are in receipt of amount that has been collect, (sic) the writer together with Adv. Du Plessis SC will come to an arrangement relating to how the monies be disbursed.  (Adv. Du Plesiss SC did the work for nothing and never wanted a penny.  It was pro deo)
We look forward to hearing from you in the above regard at your earliest convenience.
Yours faithfully
Julian Knight
The raid and seizure of Eugene were still under the table.  Our tolerance was reaching peak levels and I was being cautioned to calm down.  That was impossible.  I can keep a secret, but I can’t keep quiet about the truth.  Eugene was institutionalized and vulnerable, being used by the various law enforcement officials to help with apartheid crimes and finding evidence and his true friends were being kept out of the way by TM taking charge of who visited him and when.    It concerned me that his true friends were and still are, outside his circle and have no privy to his health and welfare.   I still feel that he should be given a Presidential Pardon but this will have to be applied for when we get a new president.  The one we have now is just an embarrassment.   When the president changes, I will again start an appeal to get EdK a Presidential Pardon.  I am sure that you will all be with me on that issue.

During this time, I managed to get to see Stone Sizane in my bedroom at home.  While he made no promise of a Presidential Pardon, he did promise to do all he could to facilitate a parole for Eugene.  He kept his word.   TM, PP, and JK were rats and there were one or two other spooks in our group.  JK constantly sent emails to TM asking for money until he called me one day and I told him that TM could not organise a piss up in a brewery and if he wanted some clarity regarding the situation, he had best speak to Ben or to me.  PP wanted something from him, TM has his reasons so that his ego could be polished and JK was milking the system without actually giving a damn about his client. 

0 comments: