Friday, October 7, 2016

How Safe Is Our Brother? - Part 14

How do I continue telling the story behind the story after I have received a phone call warning me that lives are in danger because of my writing?  How do I still tell my story?  I have a need to put that stressful period in perspective, as all humans do, so that we can move on with our lives.  No one I know who knew him personally and were very good friends of his has had any real contact with him.  This is not the behaviour of the man I got to know through my years of research and my years of listening/reading stories from men and women via my inbox.  Something is very, very wrong.  Why have we not been told what the parole conditions are?  Is it because he is not actually on parole and that he is still under guard and not free?  I know that the people who read my blog are not stupid and I also know that you are thinking what I am thinking.  How do we keep our brother safe?   What kind of freedom does he have when he is guarded 24 hours a day by four guards?  How can he become de-institutionalised under those conditions?  How does he become a social being again when he is not allowed to do as he wants?  Why is he invited to book launches only to be sent away under guard?  The correct ending to this story would have been the MFP that was planned for his release.  My dear friends, where do we go from here? Where do I go from here?  I was once told by a police commissioner that the best way to stay safe was to become well-known.  Now do I just keep my mouth shut and pray that “they” don’t hurt my friends?  Or do we pick up the drum and start drumming again?? 

0 comments: